Friday, June 28, 2013

Off Topic: Baby Teething Biscuits

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So I decided with Ava teething I would try to make my own teething biscuits. This is the recipe I came up with after a few failed attempts.

Ava's Teething Biscuits

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup baby oatmeal

1/2 cup flavored baby rice cereal (I did banana apple)

1/2 cup plain rice cereal

4 tablespoons coconut oil

2 tablespoons gluten free flour (Our family is known for wheat allergies)

Ice cold water

Mix dry ingredients then add coconut oil. Slowly add in ice water until you get a dough consistency. After that roll out dough to cracker thickness and cut into squares.

Grease pan (I used coconut oil) Cook squares on one side for 8 minutes and then cook on the other side for another 8 minutes. Should be golden brown.

After they cooled off I cut off the crunchy edges so they are just chewy now.

I then freeze them so that they are hard and cold :-)

They are similar to a more bland banana bread and dissolve easily in her mouth when she nibbles on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment