Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cloth Diaper Detergent? Overpriced! Make your own!! (Laundry DetergentRecipe Included)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



So I absolutely hate spending $14 on cloth diaper detergent. The price is insane! Yes it works great and Rocking Green is a wonderful brand however I can make cloth diaper detergent and my home laundry detergent that lasts for months for the same price!

What to get at your local grocery store (if you are only wanting to make your diaper wash you only need the first three thinge:

1 Box Super Washing Soda

2 Boxes (32 oz total) Baking Soda

1 Container of OxyClean (I buy the larger one since I'm making laundry detergent as well)

1 Bar of Zote Soap (We get Pink or White)

1 Container of Purex Crystals, Dawn Pebbles, or Gain Fireworks (Optional if you don't want a fragrance don't get)

OK you have all the ingredients you need so now lets get mixing! I use my blender for the cloth diaper detergent. Blends it up better!

Cloth Diaper Detergent Recipe - 2 tbsp per load

2 Cups Super Washing Soda

2 Cups Baking Soda

2 Cups Oxiclean (If you have hard water add half a cup. Link to the USGS Water Quality is listed below.)

http://water.usgs.gov/owq/hardness-alkalinity.html

Source: USGS.gov


Laundry Detergent - 1 tbsp for a small load and 2 tbsp for a large load

4 Cups Washing Soda

2 Cups OxyClean

1 Cup Baking Soda

1 Bar Zote Soap (you can shred this with a cheese shredder)

1/2 Container of Crystals, Pebbles, or Fireworks (if purchased)

I hate the smell of the Zote soap, however after washing and drying you will not smell it. I store my detergents in a set of stainless steel containers I purchased at Target for around $12.


No comments:

Post a Comment